Inspired


You never know when you're going to be inspired by something. Two weeks ago, my husband and I were on our way to San Antonio, TX. We were doing some antique shopping in a small town right outside of SA, named Castroville. While riding the roads, we stumbled upon this old, beautiful shack. It was obviously in shambles, but it spoke to me.

The cracks in the exterior walls and the rotting wood door frame onloy reminded me how the past still tangles itself with the present, and remnants will still remain in the future. My second book is all about the blending of two times. The brief inspiration of one moment in time will affect my creative view for this next story.

This shack will have a place in Sophie's world. I chose to share it with you so that you can see that anything can be an inspiration. Creativity can be helped, if we only chose to see things in a more appreciative way.

Until Later...

Be Inspired.

Vanessa K. Eccles

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey girl!! Love that 'shack' and I'm always inspired by places like this too. I wonder what stories they have to tell and what secrets they hold...

Sending good vibes your way as you start your next book :>