When You Feel Lost, Follow The Bread Crumbs.


Something that has been bothering me lately is that I'm losing my stamina for writing. I know that everyone goes through their ups and downs, and I know that this too shall pass. I'm feeling guilty for not writing but not guilty enough to continue. It's like everything that can come up to distract me, does.

My husband just added a new member to our family- Harvest. She's an Australian Shepard puppy only a few weeks old. She's an absolute handful, and she makes #4 to our dog count. We already have Sugar, Honey, and Coco. Things like this keep me distracted to no end.

On top of all of this, getting little positive feedback of my novel from agents is a major downer. I know that there is nothing uncommon about having a few form letters under you belt, but since I'm new to this each letter tears a little piece of hope out of my heart.

I realize that I've got to keep motivated. It's just that sometimes the odds get to me. Luckily, I write for pure enjoyment. I pray that I find my determination again and start writing on a regular, steady basis. After all, my inspiration is abundant.

Sometimes I find that God gives me the crumbs I need to just sustain me from one day to another. This too shall pass, and this is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

I'm glad.

Vanessa

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh Vanessa, you know I'm here for ya, right? How are things back home, sorry I missed saying g'bye, I did try to connect by phone before you left...

Anyhow drop me a line or call me if you need to talk ok?

{{Hugs}}