A Piece of Me...



Wanderer




Like the dusty tumbleweed blowing on a hot summer day,

I wander aimlessly, not knowing if we should go or stay.



Is this all that life has to offer someone like me?

Is this who I am and what God wants me to be?



It’s hard to find purpose in situations such as these.

I’m praying for a great revelation that will make me hit my knees.



He’s given me a love that’s more pure that I have ever knew.

I just want a purpose. I want my cake and eat it too.



Bouncing from idea to idea on what I’m supposed to do with my life,

I know that there’s got to be more for me than just being a wife.



Living in the dessert is the greatest irony that I have ever seen,

If you get lost, there’s no way to find your way out. It can be mean.



Ferocious heat, scorching sand, and no direction can be found.

That’s the way I feel. I’m in the silence waiting for a sound.



When do you think He will tell me? Will it be clear?

Or more importantly, will I take to heart what I hear?



I pray, Oh God, that you hear my desperate plea.

Fill my heart with wisdom that will set this wanderer free.



Vanessa K. Eccles
(c) Copyright 2009

No comments: