Question From Me...

Dreams



Once in my sleep, I dreamed.

Of a life of perfection, or so it seemed.



A life so planned, with every detail.

That had life catching me if I fell.



It’s funny how these things work,

How dreams haunt you, forever they lurk.



College degrees, big house, and nice cars,

Lead to mortgages, debt, loans, and happiness afar.



Once upon a time, I thought.

Maybe I could be more than even what I sought.



I challenged myself with an education,

Only to find that it’s not always possible, even with determination.



Sometimes I wonder, my dear Lord,

Didn’t You give me these dreams to be more?



Or is this all a shadow of my ego?

A figment of mind, brought on by thoughts of long ago.



If it’s just me, and I’m not meant,

To be this person I want, and all my life spent.



Just let me know Your will,

I will wait for it, O’Lord, in the still.



Vanessa K. Eccles
(c)Copyright 2010

No comments: