A Few of My Favorite Things...


Being as I am an avid reader, it may come as a surprise that I can limit my favorite books to so few. Well, guess what? I can't. These are only a handful of my favorite books. There is no possible way to fit them all into one picture.

What made me think of my favorite books was yesterday, Friday (my thrift store shopping day), I found a Jane Eyre book. I instantly had a flash back to senior year in high school, when I read this book. I can remember sitting in my big ol' chair in my purple bedroom reading a beautiful love story and loving it. My heart for Literature was only starting to form then, and I accredit books like Jane Eyre to the reader/writer that I am today. I found it interesting, also, that the book (which is pretty old) originally cost 65 cents! Amazing, right? Unbelievable, actually. How nice it would be to walk into Barnes and Nobles and NOT spend fifty dollars. I would have many libraries filled if all books were under a dollar.
My complied list of favs are as followed:
  1. Radical By: David Platt - Very inspirational, non-fiction, Christian
  2. Cast of Characters By: Max Lucado - Inspirational, Modern Bible Stories, Christian
  3. Pride and Prejudice By: Jane Austen - Wonderful Romance
  4. Book of Poetry By: Robert Frost - One book that stays on my nightstand

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hello dear Vanessa - love the new look of your blog :>

I need to visit you more here, I've so enjoyed catching up on your last few posts! Your words about owls, faith and poetry are wonderful and inspiring. So glad you like your gift, it's quite simple as far as art goes, but its' message goes far beyond a simple word :>

Take care, I love & miss you too sweetie, xo

Vanessa K. Eccles said...

One of my New Years resolutions this year is to write more on my blog. I enjoy it so much.

Thanks for the kind words. You are always inspiring and encouraging me. Thanks so much. :)