Hooties





The other night my husband and I were driving home in Del Rio and we turned a corner only to find a beautiful owl standing right in the middle of the road. His big round eyes gleamed as our headlights hit them. He stared. We stared. It was amazing to us since we had never seen an owl before (in person). He had brown markings with white. After a minute or two he started to look around - all the way around. We sat in awe at such a beautiful animal. We decided we were going to try and get closer to him. We pulled the car forward a little. He didn't move. We moved it a little more- nothing. And just as I thought that I could get a barely visible picture of him through my terrible camera phone - he flew away. His wings spread across the night sky, and it took my breath away. My husband and I continued our way home in utter disbelief. We felt that God had just blessed us. One of His amazing creatures of the wild had let us see him. Enjoy him.


We went home and looked up what the symbolism was to seeing an owl. There are many ancient beliefs, but the most common and one that we chose to believe is that he is a sign of upcoming wisdom. I pray that this is the case.


God blesses us in the small things, and sometimes it's the small things that mean the most. For some reason, I have been drawn to owls the past few months. I have even decided to start collecting them. There is something inspiring about its allusive nature. God knew that, and showing me that owl was a pleasure the He gave me.


I read this when doing some research on them, and I thought it was cute.


There is this nursery rhyme that says:
 "A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why ...can't we all be like that wise old bird?"


I was reminded of the movie Legend of the Guardians, so I decided to add the trailer. It was a good movie, and I thought it to be appropriate for my topic today. Enjoy.


Have you ever come in contact with an owl before? I'd love to hear your story. Leave comments! :)

No comments: