Update: Spoken Word

video

I told you all that I'd let you know about my Spoken Word performance/ Creative Writing assignment. I went ahead and added a video of me reading the poem. I didn't get as animated or loud in the reading as I did in class - consider yourselves spared. (lol) Anyway, everything went okay. I didn't get up and pass out in front of everyone. I didn't even break out in hives. So all went well. I got some great feedback and some helpful critique. Keep in mind that this is still in it's rough draft form because I have yet to make any changes.

The piece is inspired by the pressure and frustration that some young women, including myself, sometimes feel by society. The "perfect woman" doesn't exist, let's just face it. This is my rant about how society shouldn't expect certain things from women. We are all individuals with different goals, dreams, beliefs, and purpose. What's beautiful is that it's okay. It's okay to be you, and it's okay to be me. We are all perfectly imperfect.

I just wanted to share. Hope you enjoy. :)

-Vanessa

1 comment:

Michelle said...

And in our imperfection His perfection is able to shine through. For we can do all things through Christ who strenthens us. I love how you write from your heart. I hear a tinge of sadness, luv you girl.