And the Award Goes To...



It's Blogger Award time! YaY! My friend, Gabby, just passed this award to me. Much obliged, my friend. Now I have to pass it to 7 other people and answer 7 interesting questions about myself.

This should be fun, right?

Humm... Let's see.

1.) I won my first short story contest at the age of 6. It was a "big book," and it landed me a seat with real (adult) authors in a creative writing conference at Troy University Dothan.

2.) My first poem was published at the age of 12.

3.) I started my first novel way back in high school, and it wasn't until 6 years later that I picked it up and actually finished it.

4.) I met the love of my life way before I knew he was. If you would have told me that we would be married back then - I would have laughed.

5.) I hated reading when I was a kid/teen. I know, I know... pure sinful for a writer. I'm making up for lost time now.

6.) My major in college was originally History. It was my first love, and is now my minor.

7.) I would love to live in a big red barn someday. Yes, I'm serious.

You can't get much more random than that. (lol) That wasn't too bad. Now I must nominate 7 bloggers for the award.

1.) From Sarah, With Joy
2.) a tailored line
3.) Veritas 4 Five
4.) girlaboutbooks
5.) TheSecretWriter
6.) Paperback Writer
7.) TLC Photography

These are some amazing blogs. A couple of them are good friends, and the others are just blogs I love. Check them out! Anyway, I've done my job. Happy writing or reading - whatever your thing is. :)

8 comments:

Sarah Allen said...

Wow, I am ecstatic! Thank you so, so much for this kindness and support. I cannot say how much I appreciate it. Best of luck to you and all your writing :)

Sarah Allen

Pam said...

I am happy to "meet" you, Vanessa! I found your blog through Sarah Allen's blog and look forward to following your journey as a writer. If you find a minute, come and visit me on my site!

Laura said...

Thank you my dear Vanessa! I'm so very honored - I'm really lovin' your blog's fresh look too!!!

I guess it's my turn now to pass this award on, talk to you soon sweet girl :>

TLC Moments said...

Thank you Vanessa, for including me as a friend and by blog!! I'm not familiar with this, so I'm unsure what to do now? Do I just answer 7 random things about me? How do I re-post this on my blog?? Hope all is well! Take Care- TLC :)

Vanessa K. Eccles said...

Tiffany- all you need to do is copy and paste the photo- put it in your blog post. Then put 7 interesting facts about yourself in the post, and then nominate other people. Make sure you let them know too. It's all in good fun. :)

Jayne Fordham said...

What a fun idea. I like your blog Vanessa, came across it on bookblogs. I am now a twitter follower.

Regards,
Jayne
The Australian Bookshelf

Vanessa K. Eccles said...

Jayne- Thanks so much for the follow. I am now following you on Twitter. I appreciate your support, and I can't wait to do some more reading on your blog.

Elisabeth Hirsch said...

Sooo fun! Congrats to the award winners. I LOVE your darling blog.

I'm following.

ecwrites.blogspot.com