My Beautiful Spring Day

 Okay, so admittedly this is not a "real" post about creative writing, but it is a post about things that inspire me. Nature is my muse very often - especially in poetry. Spring has given me much to write about this year. I don't think that I've ever been more excited to see warmer weather come! Winter is the worst season for me. The gray skies, cold temperatures, and dead vegetation is nothing short of depressing.

I just figured that I'd share with all of you what I did today. I planted some herbs (super excited about that). To your left I have Lavender and Rosemary, which smell wonderful!

Below is my tomato plant. I've never had much luck growing tomatoes, but who knows, maybe this is my year to get it right. Hopefully, I'll have some plump, red balls of yum hanging from it soon. :)






I gave my mom my beautiful Ric-rack cactus, and I've been sad about it ever since. I decided to take some clippings of it and see if I can't get it to work for me.








 My sweet mom allowed me to get some clippings from her beautiful jasmine plants. I really hope they take. I have always wanted some. I can't wait to smell their sweet blooms.

Below is a picture of more of my herbs and some jalapeno peppers (yum). I can't wait to see little green goodies hang from the branches. So excited.



This is the mother of all spider plants, is it not? There are 11 clay pots carrying the babies of the mother plant that is sitting in the middle. It is craziness! What's even more surprising is that if we had more pots, we would still have more babies to put in them. Wow - that's all I can say.

Anyway, sorry if I got a bit off topic with this post. At least I was able to add some pictures (which is the downside to a writing blog). Hope you are feeling inspired by the season.

Be blessed!

No comments: