Summer Write-A-Thon: 80 Days of Writing

This photo was taken last summer in Texas. That's me with a real dragonfly on my nose (I promise). I have been looking so very forward to my summer this year. I will be leaving beautiful Alabama to go back to Texas.

I have been thinking of what I'm going to do with all my extra time when I get there, and I've decided that I am going to write! I still have a ways to go to finish my second novel, so that is first on the agenda. But second to that, I have been thinking of doing a write-a-thon. I will write something (even if it's just a short poem) everyday for 80 days. I will then compile the pieces and have them published (mostly for myself), but if others are interested, I wouldn't mind selling them (affordably, of course) and donate the earnings to a charity.

I've been feeling so stifled because I have not been able to write like I would like to. It's been a tough past few months, and my schedule never seems to slow down. That's why I'm looking forward to some quiet time back in Texas.

These are my plans for the summer; what are yours?

7 comments:

Deborah said...

Here's wishing you all the best with that! You'll have a real sense of achievement when you return, though it sounds like hard work to me. Maybe you need to schedule a day each week when you don't write but do something new, which could work wonders for inspiration...?

Vanessa K. Eccles said...

Deborah, that's a great idea. Thanks for your thoughts. :)

Donna Weaver said...

Good luck! It's great to have a goal to shoot for. I'll be getting ready for an election. Ugh

Elisabeth Hirsch said...

Good luck :0)

That picture is amazing!

Vanessa K. Eccles said...

Thanks Donna and Elisabeth! :)

Fairday Morrow said...

Interesting thoughts! Good luck! Ahhh... thoughts of summer are so dreamy! I am enjoying your blog.
~Jess (For some reason my posts show up as my main character, Fairday Morrow. My wires must be crossed.) :)
http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

Diana said...

I think I might just join you on that since I haven't been writing as much as I'd like to.