Add Two and Share Some You: Finish the Story

Grab a chair, get a cup of Joe, warm up those fingers. We've got work to do!

This is a writing exercise that I've been wanting to do for a while. Here's the rules. Below is the beginning of a story. Add two sentences to the last comment posted. You may comment more than once but not consecutively. Write whatever you want - give it some "you" flare. :)


I looked down at my license - Carol Lyn White. That's not me anymore. I looked up and saw a large white crane swooping across the lake. It looked to be the epitome of grace. I glanced down at muddy water, slipped off my Christian Louboutin heels, threw my wallet as hard as I could, and placed my feet in the lake. The sun hung low among the horizon; darkness was near. I slowly stepped further into the vast water until the edge of my dress embraced the wet. I took a deep breath and immersed my body with the warmth of the lake. I stood up and brushed my hair back out of my face. My dress clung to me like a glove. As the sun faded, I walked out of the water. I took one last look back. Carol Lyn White drowned. Now I'm Vivian Crane.


Please leave a link to your blog. I will post the final story in a separate posting on my blog, along with each of your names and links to your blogs so others can follow.

I can't wait to see what happens next. Thanks for your participation and have fun! :)

3 comments:

Franny said...

I went back home and burned all the things that reminded me of Carol, it's over now. I took my car keys and drove away.

Hi, new follower! This is the first time I do something related to writing, and those sentences were the first thing that came to mind reading your excerpt. This is my blog, hope you'll follow back! http://darkfrannysthoughts.blogspot.com/

Sidne,the BCR said...

I drove non-stop for hours and hours,
now sleep is creeping upon me and hunger pains are invading my stomach. Only four miles until i reach the next rest spot and 12 miles til the next motel.

Blue Shedevil said...

Exhausted and on edge,I drive on to the motel. It had definitely seen better days, like maybe half a century ago.

http://www.ragesexandteddybears.blogspot.com