Contest Winner And Other Thanks

Drum Roll Please... And the Winner is... *cough*... *awkward silence*...

Sarah!

Many thanks to everyone who entered the contest. Sarah won my personal copy of One Day. The movie comes out tomorrow.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone who participated the the Finish The Story writing exercise that I hosted a few weeks ago. Here's what the story ended up being:

I looked down at my license - Carol Lyn White. That's not me anymore. I looked up and saw a large white crane swooping across the lake. It looked to be the epitome of grace. I glanced down at muddy water, slipped off my Christian Louboutin heels, threw my wallet as hard as I could, and placed my feet in the lake. The sun hung low among the horizon; darkness was near. I slowly stepped further into the vast water until the edge of my dress embraced the wet. I took a deep breath and immersed my body with the warmth of the lake. I stood up and brushed my hair back out of my face. My dress clung to me like a glove. As the sun faded, I walked out of the water. I took one last look back. Carol Lyn White drowned. Now I'm Vivian Crane.

I went back home and burned all the things that reminded me of Carol, it's over now. I took my car keys and drove away.


I drove non-stop for hours and hours, now sleep is creeping upon me and hunger pains are invading my stomach. Only four miles until i reach the next rest spot and 12 miles til the next motel.

Exhausted and on edge,I drive on to the motel. It had definitely seen better days, like maybe half a century ago.


Thanks to Franny, Sidne, and Blue Shedevil for your participation!


 




2 comments:

Sidne,the BCR said...

Hi Vanessa. When I finally made it to the line to get my book copied they had closed off the lines. GGGGRRRRRRR! thanks for stopping by.

congrat to Sarah!!!

Sidne,the BCR said...

Cool story, I want to read more!!! do it again and i will send others your way.