How to Create the Greatest Character You've Always Known

I can't even count the times that I heard "write what you know" in my creative writing class. As much as I do not like that saying (mostly because my life is too boring to write about), it hit me that I'm not boring. I thought that it might be fun to take aspects of myself to create a character.

Here is a few questions to ask yourself if you want to create the greatest character you've always known.

1.) What are three words that describe you?
      Ex: Classy, Smart, Introvert

2.) What are two of your favorite qualities about yourself?
      Ex: Kind, Generous

3.) What are two of your favorite flaws?
      Ex: A tendency of being sassy and being brutally honest

4.) What are two of your favorite physical aspects?
      Ex: Eyes and curly hair

5.) Write three things that your pride yourself on being?
      Ex: Deep thinker, Open-minded to a point, and Analyze everything

6.) What are some of your catchy phrases that you use?
      Ex: Patience is a virtue that I don't have. There are three sides to every story- your side, my side, and
           the truth.

7.) What is your favorite perfume- what you always smell like?
      Ex: Curious

8.) What era would best describe your personality?
      Ex: 1920s

9.) Would you consider yourself a free-spirit or old-soul?

10.) Write a detailed paragraph using the answers to these questions. Be sure to describe what you would look like (your ideal self) using clothing that you would really wear and focusing on your favorite attributes. Also add a description of your personality using what is great about yourself and your flaws. Remember that for any character to be real, it has to have flaws. Luckily some flaws are charming. :)


If you have ideas for more questions, please leave them in the comment box. I'd love to read them.

Have fun!



1 comment:

Fairday Morrow said...

Maybe- what is your family like (or your family dynamic)?

I found you through Book Blogs and signed up to follow you. When you have a chance- please stop by and follow the blog for my middle grade novel that I am hoping to get published. http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

Take care-
Jess- although I may show up as Fairday, the main character from my novel. I can't figure out why that happens sometimes and I can't fix it. :)