Meet my Friend - Procrastination




Hello blog friends!

This week I have a deadline. By Sunday, I need to have written a fairly lengthy short story for a creative writing class. I have the idea in my mind (and a little on paper), but I'm having a difficult time just sitting down and knocking it out.

I have been wasting time re-doing my blog. You like? lol

Every time I go to sit down and write or do any kind of homework, my long-lost friend, Procrastination shows up and keeps me so distracted that I rarely get anything done. So, here's my question for all of you on-your-A-game people out there (if there are truly any that actually exist), how do you stay focused? What are some helpful tips that you've found that keep you on track with your writing?

Here's a few quotes that I've found that fit my situation perfectly. These are for all of us sometimes-more-than-we-admit procrastinators!

"My evil genius Procrastination has whispered me to tarry 'til a more convenient season." -Mary Todd Lincoln

"Procrastination is like a credit card: it's a lot of fun until you get the bill." -Christopher Parker


 Cheers to kicking Procrastination to the curb! :)

Read you later!

Photo by Photl.
Quotes from BrainyQuote.


2 comments:

Ash-Matic said...

I only have one piece of advice. It never fails me, but isn't terribly helpful:

Leave it until the last possible moment.

With this daring technique I ensure my assignments always get done - at the last possible moment.

Unfortunately it does tend to encourage procrastination along the way.

Good luck!

Carole said...

Good blog. Good post. For a little light relief here's a funny about procrastination http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/cartoon_23.html