Blog Awards and other Monday Musings

I received a blog award! Sending a special thanks to Jeff over at Strands of Pattern. He has an amazing blog. If you're not a follower, you should be. :)


According to Jeff, Liebster means "favorite" or "beloved," and the award is known to be given to bloggers with under 200 followers which are considered "the best kept secrets."

Now's the fun part. I get to pass the award along to five other brilliant bloggers. Here are some of my favorites:

  1. Emily Wood at Quill and Parchment
  2. Ashley Chappell at Notes from a Canvas
  3. L. Shanna at A Woman in Her Thirties
  4. RD Meyer at RD Meyer Writes
  5. Elisse9 at DogEarin' It

Winners, here are the rules to participate:

  1. Thank the person which nominated you in a blog post.
  2. Nominate up to five other blogs.
  3. Let them know via comment on their blog.
  4. Post the award on your blog.

Other Monday musings:

  1. The frustration mounts as I have had no time to write in the past week and a half. A big "boo" to that.
  2. New character, Brooks, is slowly evolving as a new (and first for me) YA genre piece.
  3. I saw The Hunger Games Friday. I liked the movie. I didn't love it, but that's to be expected from book to movie translation. I also received the other two books in the mail today. Woohoo! :)
  4. Psalms of Me and Collecting Light have both been released on Barnes and Noble's website which is very exciting for me.
  5. The Writer's Block reached 150 followers last week, for which, I am thankful.

I hope that today has brought you blessings and inspiration. Happy writing and reading, dear friends. And happy Monday. :)

2 comments:

elisse9 said...

Thank you so much Vanessa! I posted and gave you a huge shoutout!

RD Meyer said...

Thanks Vanessa - this'll go out on Wednesday. :-P