News and A Chance to Share Your Work Space

Latest Issue
Latest Issue Hosted by

What a week and it's only Monday. Last week and this week is the ever-so-dreadful finals weeks... (and the dun,dun,dun music plays). Despite my current and constant state of chaos, there is blogging to be done. It's my secret escape into a creative life where I find shelter in my inspiration and yours.
 
 
This past week I was blessed enough to have been published in the third issue of Wisdom Crieth Without, a magazine that focuses on traditional poetry, which makes up the bulk of my poetic writing. You can read my poem "I Stand Alone" here. The artwork was provided by the magazine, and I think it's perfect for the piece. Many thanks to the editor, R.J. Robledo, for his kindness, encouragement, and guidance in helping make this poem the best it could be.

In other news:

In July, I hope to feature a few writers and their work spaces. I was inspired to do this by Virginia Woolf's A Room of One's Own where she speaks about the importance of a space dedicated to writing. If you think you have an interesting, inspiring work space that you'd like to share, please contact me. If you submit, please include in the e-mail:

  1. A photo of your space.
  2. Your name and link to blog/website.
  3. A short paragraph of what makes your work space unique, inspiring, and creative.
I look forward to hearing from you and being inspired by your work space.
I have to run for now. You know... I've got to do the study thing. lol Happy Monday, everyone. (Notice the oxymoron there.)

2 comments:

Rena J. Traxel said...

Congrats! And good luck with finals.

Vanessa Eccles said...

Thanks, Rena. I'm going to need it. :)