The Wings of Imagination

Photo by Favim



During one of my web ramblings where I browse through photos and articles searching for something that sparks my imagination while simultaneously existing in a sub-zombie state, I found this lovely Burton-esque picture. I feel that it tells the 1,000 words of my life right now. Everything else is muted, but the single little butterfly. The symbol of my imagination. Writing, the expression of the symbol, is a bright source of color in my life.

I, too, have been guilty lately of hiding my little butterfly under a glass lid. Ideas come, sometimes I jot them down sometimes I don't, but lately I haven't been writing much besides the occasional poem. I'm finding it hard to find the time to do everything that needs to be done, and rarely ever do I get to the things that I want to get done. I'm sure all of you can relate.

 Quotes that I need to remember:

"I wasted time, now doth time wasteth me." -William Shakespeare

"It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link of the chain of destiny can be handled at a time." -Winston Churchill

"All great achievements require time." -Maya Angelou

"Dost thou live? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of." - Ben Franklin


How do you find time to let your butterfly out? Do you have a schedule or motto that helps motivate you? Share your words of wisdom.

3 comments:

RD Meyer said...

I force the butterfly out by lifting the glass and blowing on it. If you don't make time, it gets easier every day to promise, "OK, maybe tomorrow."

Vanessa Eccles said...

RD, you are so right, and before you know it all your tomorrows have flown by.

wosushi said...

This may sound odd, but I make time to "daydream". Specifically about my writing ideas. Not sitting in front of the computer or notebook - just laying somewhere comfy, eyes closed, letting my mind wander. When I'm done, I hop up and jot down the things that really struck me.

Love the quotes and picture in your post!