Last Year's Highlights; This Year's Dreams

Happy New Years!!

Last year was an awesome ride. So many life changing events happened for me.

-We moved into our tiny slice of heaven on Lake Eufaula.
-I started a new novel!
-I got a poem and an article published in addition to my collections 'Psalms of Me' and 'Collecting Light'.
-I had many amazing authors provide interviews right here on my humble blog. (Thanks guys!) :)
-I got a new puppy- Georgia.
-I became an aunt to baby Brysun.
-My husband and I had our 5 year anniversary.
-And I graduated with my English degree.

Wow. 2012 was pretty amazing, and I sincerely believe that 2013 is going to be just as great and maybe better. I'm taking a bit of a sabbatical for a few months this year. I'm planning on finishing two of the novels that I've been working on, and I'm going to spend some time being still. I've been going so hard for the past few years trying to obtain my education that I've not taken time to smell the roses, embrace my talents, and enjoy this beautiful life that I've been blessed with. That's all going to change this year. I had this idea of what and where I wanted to be by the age that I am now, and while some things have worked out, I've fallen short on others. And you know what? That's okay. I'm happy despite the odds. lol My only dream for these next twelve months is to laugh more and enjoy the ride. Life is beautiful, and it's short. Why not grab a cup of joe and enjoy?

Thank you, readers, for making this the best blogging year ever! Your encouragement, support, and wonderful comments have given me loads of joy. I'm looking forward to another year of contests, interviews, and and writing adventures.

I pray that this next chapter sprinkles lots of moments that remind us all how great life truly is.

Cheers.



 


 

2 comments:

Jeff Hargett said...

Life is indeed too short. Enjoy it! And have a great 2013!

Vanessa Eccles said...

Thanks, Jeff! Wishing you a wonderful 2013 as well. :)