Nagging Ideas

 

Hi friends. Do you ever have ideas that just stick with you? Why do you think that we sometimes have stories within us that just never go away?

I've been nagged for nearly two years by a novella idea about a young woman named Rowena. A medieval English History class + a weird dream = a medieval/modern story idea. (Think A Knight's Tale.) Yesterday, The Story Shack featured a short blurb that I wrote about her. I've been trying to decide if her story is worth telling. Here's where you come in. If you have a moment, which is all it would take to read over this piece, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a look at "Rowena." Do you want to know more? Would you read an entire novella about her? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Many thanks to the illustrator Nazareth Horner for her beautiful rendition of Rowena. I think she did a fabulous job. I couldn't be more pleased.

Happy writing!

2 comments:

Mel Chesley said...

I like it. I say go for it. :D

Vanessa Eccles said...

Thanks for the feedback, Mel. I'm starting to think that writing it may be the only way to get rid of it. :)